Friday, May 18, 2007

A Tranquil Place is in your back yard

Right now the weather is terrific, sure to get warmer though. I love our backyard and the privacy we have from the outside world. The backyard is a great place to relax and reconnect with nature. I love to garden and have many pots filled with flowers, herbs and vegetables. I sure hope my tomatoes grow this year. Last year was miserable. So was the year before.........:( My sister grows great tomatoes......she'll give me some of hers............I hope...................:)

If you have a backyard or patio area, make a point of creating a peaceful sanctuary for yourself. You can do this by planting lots of colorful and/or fragrant flowers (Gardenia's, Jasmine, etc.) in the ground or in clay pots. Bird baths are really a nice touch as well as fountains. I love the sound of water, it is very peaceful. If you can, add a bench, chair, or a swing. How about a hammock for that Saturday afternoon nap? Candles and low-voltage lighting can create a peaceful ambiance as well as a romantic one.

Consider your backyard to be an extension of your living area.

I would love to hear what others have done to create their own Tranquil Place in their backyards. This is a good way to share ideas with others looking to create their own Tranquil Place.

Cheers,
Anne

No comments: