Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring

I absolutely love Spring. In Northern CA, the hills are green, the birds are singing, and the trees and flowers are blooming. I love Spring.....I planted herbs and zucchini this week in honor of Spring. I planted Thyme, Marjoram, Sage, Italian Parsley, Rosemary, Oregano, Chocolate Mint, and Zucchini. I plan on planting tomatoes next month, and if there is room, I want to plant cilantro and mint. I hope to avoid costly expenditures later this spring and summer by growing my own herbs. I love to cook, and find buying herbs very expensive in our grocery stores or farmers market. Saving money is always a good thing.....

Spring brings an excitement and freshness to the air. I want to work with scents that are uplifting and refreshing too. This week I made grapefruit, lime, and chocolate bath bombs for a local spa. I hope to get some up on my website this weekend if I don't pre-sell all of them. Currently, we have lime bath bombs available. They smell so yummy, you practically want to eat them!

I am going to leave you with a quote that I thought fitting to our present day:

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet


Have a spa-licious weekend,

Anne

No comments: