I was stunned to find out that doctors wrote prescriptions to 49 million people last year who complained that they couldn't sleep. That is 1 out of every 7 people with a sleep disorder.
Whether it is stress from work, home, finances, or whatever else is bothering you, lets look at some more natural ways to improve your sleep:
1. Avoid caffeine, especially in the afternoon. Get your decaf on at Starbucks instead!
2. Do not work out 2 hours before going to bed
3. Avoid a heavy meal 2 hours before going to bed
4. Try taking a hot bath using lavender scented products such as our organic sugar, soy & tea bubble bath, lavender bath salts, lavender & vanilla massage oil which can be used as a bath oil and body moisturizer too. While in your bath, imagine being somewhere happy, perhaps Hawaii, or Mexico on a deserted beach with someone you love. Fantasize about something you want to do..............
5. Turn off the TV when you are in bed so you won't be tempted to stay up and watch a TV show
6. Do not check your work email before going to bed. Leave work-related thoughts out of the bedroom.
7. Drink warm milk before bedtime
8. Have Sex!
9. Treat yourself to some really luxurious pillows
10. If you are a light sleeper then you might need to invest in ear plugs or a "white noise" maker
Sleep is necessary to function properly, allowing the brain and body to recover from the day's events. The ideal amount of sleep needed per researchers is between 7-8 hour of sleep every night. The more rested you are the better you will function.
Remember our core message at EclipseSpa...Spa at Home Tonight. Taking a hot bath or shower before bed will make a difference in your sleep.